Monday 21 June 2010

World Cup on Television

Oh for a life on welfare benefits with all the time in the world, and no need to worry about getting a flat screen TV.
Six months after my television broke down I finally found time to buy a new one today. No more squinting at a 14-inch portable, though watching BBC iPlayer via a computer monitor is quite handy.
I ended up buying the TV that was displaying the last three minutes of my team winning today’s World Cup match.
I’m not a great football fan and I didn’t even know until yesterday that Chile had reached the World Cup finals. So far they’ve won both matches played.
I first followed Chile after getting embroiled in the ecstatic celebrations in Santiago moments after they qualified for the 1998 World Cup -- all completely non-violent.

No comments:

Post a Comment