Cold, dark and wet, that’s my favourite time for knocking on doors. You get such a nice welcome because people really appreciate you’ve made the effort.
Testing the water this evening for Spelthorne’s Open Primary in five weeks time.
I must admit the majority of people really couldn’t care less -- about voting at all in elections, about which party governs, or about choosing the Conservative candidate.
But there is a hard core out there who realise it does make a difference, and I like their community spirit.
Now the canvass sheets have dried, out I can reveal that of thirty households to whom we said hello, six showed a really positive interest in taking part. A further fifteen would give it some thought.
Maybe democracy is alive and well after all.
EXC: New Aid Minister Said Failing to Increase Aid Spending Causes “Deaths
By Choice”
-
The Foreign Office’s new aid minister said that cutting aid makes
politicians responsible for death. This can only go one way… Kirsty McNeil,
who was moved...
10 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment