Wednesday 27 January 2010

Don’t even mention them

It’s just occurred to me that I’ve not been following my own advice on this political blog, though I’ve only slipped up a couple of times this year.
There is a small British protest party that craves publicity, ably assisted from time to time by the BBC.
The thing they most hate is being ignored by the two main parties.
They spend their time attacking either one of the mainstream parties in the hope of getting some reaction. They make outrageous claims and then hope the main party will hit back.
They even spent their time at the Spelthorne Open Primary taking notes of everything the Conservative candidates said in the hope of catching them out later on.
As I wrote in December, they are the “teenagers” of British politics, and if you ignore them they’ll stop bothering you. (I don’t suggest this for real teenagers, whose angst we must suffer with love).

No comments:

Post a Comment